2015年4月10日

Lolita Blog Carnival - Two Budget / Two Coordinates

You know when you start in lolita fashion, you usually don't have much money to spend on brand, much experience to go through shopping services, or maybe you are young and god knows your parents wouldn't allow you to spend that much money on just clothes. So this week, with Lolita Blog Carnival, we had an interesting challenge ! Making a low budget coordinate, and a higher expensive budget coordinate.



I must admit I thought of not participating this week, because I really couldn't think of a low budget coordinate to make that would look good, as I collect only Moi-même-moitié clothes as far as lolita goes, so I had to go through a good search in my closet to end up with pieces that could make up a somewhat kind of lolita-like coordinate. It isn't the best, but I think it's cute and casual ! Let's look at what I have : 


Blouse : Addition-elle (several years old) 30$
JSK : Sears. (years old as well) In the prom dresses section. 45$
Shoes : Sale store in random mall. 15$
Socks : Jacob Lingerie. 20$
Rings : (not added to the count, forgot !) 2$ each or so. Ardene
Hair accessory : made by someone I knew. 5$
TOTAL : 120$

I didn't added a petticoat to the coordinate money count, because I forgot, but also because this dress keeps its poofy shape well even without it. You could also add a simple black hand bag and finish it off nicely ! I think 115$ for an entire coordinate is extremely cheap, considering the dress can be worn outside of lolita as well, alone for a summer dress, the shoes as well, and the blouse as well ! It isn't the most frilly lolita coordinate ever, but it's a nice start I believe. 

Here we go for a brand, expensive, new items lolita coordinate ! 


Headdress : Moi-même-moitie. Bought new. 135$
Blouse : Moi-même-moitie. Bought new. 120$
Bag : Moi-même-moitie. Closet-child find. 200$
Necklace : Moi-même-moitié. Bought new. 160$ (+ even)
Dress : Moi-même-moitié. Bought new. 390$
Socks : Moi-même-moitié. Bought new. 60$
Shoes : Jante. Bought new. 55$
Earrings (not calculated) : Moi-même-moitié. Bought new. 40~$
TOTAL : 1025$

I didn't take out all the most expensive things in my wardrobe, as I didn't want to exaggerate, like putting several necklaces, rings, etc... But I think that's the average cost of most of my EGL coordinates once put together. Most of my wardrobe has been either bought new, or were rare dresses that I bought back at almost new price, so I ended up having quite a bunch of money worth in my wardrobe. (I could put money down on a condo with all that ! ahahah) You could make a ressembling coordinate out of second hand brand goods for 2/3 of this price for sure. I'm just a Moitie shopping addict collector..... ! 

For all of you starting lolitas out there, it IS possible to make nice coordinates out of off-brand items, or second hand items for a fraction of the price ! What I think is important, is that when you start, you must think about the use of each item to make the most out of your money. Start with colors that go together, or that can even go with your casual clothes wardrobe, so you can maybe wear the items along with the clothes you already own. Always go for comfortable shoes at first too, in a color that will match your style. If you can, it's always good to sew some items yourself too ! Go for nice quality poly-cotton mix fabrics with subtle prints or colors at first, to not make obvious starter's mistakes. 

Budget can be a problem for younger lolitas, students, or even adults who live by themselves and have bills to pay ! But you have to be patient, spend intelligently and not compare yourself to other lolita, especially lolitas that have been in the fashion community for years ! 

If you want to see other examples of cheap VS expensive coordinates from other lolitas this week, feel free to visit these other blogs and check them out ! 




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿